Yesterday, when I went into my house, my dad was watching a recently famous film played by Leonardo DiCaprio, before the flood. First I knew it from the Facebook post from my junior, and I wasn't too interested in it since I think those film about global warming are very boring. But, as the moment I saw this film played by TVBS, a news station, not National Geography itself, I determined to watch it. If a news station can give this film a whole period of time, not for cast news, but for a environmental issue calling, then, I thought this problem is really serious enough to force us to give it a look !
It really shocked me. The content of this film. When I was still a high school student, the Kyoto Protocol were already the formal content of our textbook. All of us had no question about the issues of global warming and greenhouse effect. BUT, how come there are still so many people don't belike it ? don't believe the global warming IS HAPPENING ? And most ironically, those people most from the biggest CO2 exertion country, United State ! No wonder my teacher told us the United State refuse to sign the Kyoto Protocol. At that time, I just simple thought they refused to sign the protocol only because they were afraid that their economical development would be affected by reducing the use of fossil energy. And I admitted that those fossil energy are really much cheaper than green energy and in economic sides, it is really more competitive. However, I never thought of those people was REALLY DON'T BELIEVE its damage on our earth.
Horribly, the councillors in United State even told their people the global warming issue is fake ! Others as terrifying as this was, the fossil companies in United State even bought the environmental scientists to protest for them, to tell people that the global warming fictitious issue. How come those scientists did that ? Just for money ?! Where was their conscience ? Their moral ?
Other parts in this film is something I already knew. But still, as those scenes were present by video, it's really more terrifying than just knowing, just imagination ! The funder of Space X and Tesla, Elon Musk, was also interviewed by Leo. He told him that if there are 100 solar power plants, like what he did for Tesla, the fossil energy can be totally replace. This is really amazing and good to know. It's really a light and a hope for our future. None of us want to leave our children and grand children a sick and damage earth.
It is pity that the Paris agreement doesn't set any punishment for CO2 exertion. However, I think we still can be optimistic with our future. Hopefully, we know the problem now and gonna begin to solve the problem. One day, by our effort, I believe the earth will be cool down again. And the endangered species will regain their inhabitant. We can still see the breathtaking snow scenery and various amazing animal in the future. And of course leaving a clean and beautiful plant for our next generation !
沒有留言:
張貼留言